The past couple of weeks have had some miserable moments because I’m such a baby about being sick. But in the midst of my whining, there were some really happy things. Here are some of them:
1. My heating pad. So good on the ear!
2. A new office chair! After years of talking about how much I need a decent chair for my computer desk, I finally got one! I was just getting so tired of feeling uncomfortable in a place where I spend so much time. I got one I’ve seen at the store a hundred times, but dreaded putting it together. I had a little help, and it really wasn’t too bad!
3. Delicious food. Padington’s pizza and Talenti vanilla bean gelato stand out in my mind. (It’s not ranch dressing, Dan!)
4. Wildlife. Fun wildlife sightings are always a lift to my spirits. This past week I’ve seen/photographed beavers, hummingbirds, dragonflies, frogs, butterflies, a snake and a nutria, among other things.
5. Alias season 5. I had plenty of down time and finished the series this past week. (It was fun to finish, but I’m a little sad that it’s over!)
6. Nice weather. The weekend was warm and sunny, but cool enough at night that my apartment handled it pretty well.
7. Salsa chicken. Yes, another food reference, but only because this crock pot dish was soooo delicious. The photo doesn’t really do it justice. Thanks to Brenda for the recipe. It’s super easy and more delicious than I ever imagined. Just put four chicken breasts (I even used frozen ones), a can of cream of mushroom soup, a cup of salsa and a packet of taco seasoning in the crock pot on low. I think it only takes like 4-5 hours to cook, but you can leave it in there longer if you need to. Stir half a cup of sour cream into the finished product and enjoy over rice. Seriously, it is SO GOOD. Try it. It tastes kind of like chili without the beans. I want to make it again this weekend!
8. Fun games with a friend. I love games! I love having a friend who loves games too!
9. Nice coworkers. I missed a lot of work (at least for me) during a busy time, but my coworkers have been really great about it, helping me out and insisting I get plenty of rest. I love the flexibility I have with my job in times like these.
10. Good friends (and family). People have offered sympathy, prayed for me, given suggestions and listened to me whine about my earache for over a week. One friend woke up to take my pathetic 1am phone call when I was at a low point with pain and worry.
TOP HAPPY THING: 11. Sweet relief! My ear is feeling MUCH better. Wow, it’s so nice to feel somewhat normal.
What are some of your goods from the past week?